Table of Contents
Since the beginning of 2015 all different kinds of project applications are sent in via the national project management site SUPR. To login in there you need to create a SUPR profile. For a SNIC Small project, local course project or UPPNEX project you need to be employed at a Swedish university at the level of PhD or higher. For SNIC Medium/Large projects you need to be a senior scientist in Swedish academia, at least at the level of assistant professor (forskarassistent).
User account application
Use the user account application form to apply for an account belonging to an old project that hasn't been imported to SUPR yet.
For all UPPNEX projects and all course projects, and for all SNIC small/medium/large created during 2014 then the user should register for an account at the national web portal SUPR.
If you do not belong to a project you must first set up one first. Note that you are expected to have read and agreed to follow the UPPMAX rules of usage.
Note: When register for an account, you must use your official university e-mail address.
Application oriented support
For help or advice on using, developing or tuning HPC applications you can contact the UPPMAX application experts directly. The role of the application experts is to transfer HPC competence and computational know-how within the respective fields to the users. There is also information available at SNIC's national documentation site.
On-line sources for support
- Instructions and policy for the application of CPU-time on UPPMAX
- Getting started: How to log on from your PC / Macintosh / UNIX / Linux
- User guides and documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
UPPNEX specific support
There are several ways to get support for UPPNEX resources.
- The UPPNEX section of this website, contains an overview of what UPPNEX is, and who are eligible to use the UPPNEX resources.
- The UPPNEX Users mailing list is the main forum for getting in touch with the community and get help with your specific questions and/or discuss ideas.
- Also there is a list of installed Software Applications for Uppnex with links to the respective softwares' own websites where you can find additional support and get in touch with other people who use it.
Last updated: 2015-02-06