The Irma Cluster
Irma was the NGI production system where genomic data from the sequencing machines are pre-processed before they are delivered to the researcher. Irma was part of the SNIC-SENS project until it was succeeded by Miarka.
Irma provided 4000 cores in the form of 250 dual CPU (Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz) SuperMicro nodes with a default memory configuration of 256 Gigabyte.
Irma ran CentOS 7 as operating system.
Irma was put into production in March 2016 and lived until April 2022.
- 250 compute nodes with dual CPUs and 4 1TB disk
- each CPU has 8 cores
- total number of cores is 4000
- 2 login nodes that have the same architecture as compute nodes
- 256 Gigabyte RAM per node
- Gigabit Ethernet for all nodes
- 4xQDR Infiniband interconnect for MPI and file traffic